Plumbing & Drain Advice from Our Experts in Oshawa & the GTA
Central Drain Service Inc. can help you maintain and fix plugged and broken drains, basement water leaks, plugged sinks, baths, toilets and leaking pipes.
- Avoid using thick tissue paper
- Avoid flushing feminine products
Chemicals and Drain Openers
- Avoid using drain cleaning chemicals especially on older copper or steel pipes.
- Chemicals can burn through drain pipes and cause expensive property damage.
- If chemical drain openers are used, ensure the chemicals do not sit in the sinks or drains.
- Sinks will stain (including stainless steel sinks) from the acidity of cleaning chemicals and can eventually cause drain leaks.
- Flush out drains with fresh water after using chemicals, and use protective eye wear /gloves.
- DO NOT MIX ANY OTHER CHEMICALS OR BLEACH WITH DRAIN OPENERS. This is a toxic and harmful combination.
Please inform our service technicians if chemical cleaners or openers were used on your drains. This is a necessary precaution to avoid injuries or harm to our team or yourself.
If your basement floods, don’t panic – we are here to help. To begin, it is important that you remember the following:
- Flooding in basements typically occurs during thawing ice and snow or heavy rainy seasons.
- Take a few minutes to survey the problem area. Landscaping or grading can cause water to seep into your basement.
- Soil and walkways near buildings or houses should be graded away from foundations to minimize water leaks.
Please contact us if you have any questions about drain systems cleaning, repairs and installation.